Volunteers Initiative Nepal (VIN) is a non-religious, non-political, non-governmental, non-for-profit organization (NGO) which was founded in 2005 by a diverse group drawn from development workers
, educationalists, social activists and other professionals. VIN is officially registered under the Society Act with the District Administration Office Kathmandu (Reg No. 147/062/63), and is also affiliated to the Social Welfare Council Nepal (SWC) (Affiliation No. 20910). VIN focuses on community-based projects involving local volunteers backed up by international volunteers in Nepal.
VIN aims to give people the right tools and knowledge to help themselves. The focus is on helping women and children
through special educational programs and community training projects conducted independently and/or in association with like minded organisations. VIN has adopted an integrated community development
approach through voluntary services by welcoming overseas and local volunteers.
Specific objectives include:
- To help make women self-reliant through a number of initiatives including literacy classes; income generation projects; savings and credits groups and raising awareness on health, sanitation and the environment.
- To support and provide facilities for early childhood development, encouraging a good, basic foundation for young children at the start of their education.
- Provide a platform for children to participate in non-formal creative activities, as well as developing their life skills and making them aware of their basic rights, through the establishment of Children's Clubs in schools.
- To help children who have suffered as a result of the conflict to regain access to education.
- Provide sponsored education to disadvantaged children including orphans,conflict victim children and children from very poor and disadvantaged families.
- Provide community youths with English language classes; a youth club forum in which to enhance their social and professional skills and with the opportunity to volunteer within their local community.
- Raise awareness of the need for English language skills and to facilitateteaching English within schools, Buddhist monasteries and nunneries.
- Help ensure the quality of education being provided, through conducting teacher training workshops, seminars and exchange visits.
- Provide resources and healthcare professionals to assist the health post, which serves the local community.
- Raise awareness of the benefits of good sanitation and provide education in personal hygiene.
Offer support in the establishment of a Community Learning Center (CLC) to provide learning platforms for eliminating illiteracy and for developing the professional capacity of local people.
- To support orphanages through offering financial assistance for education, food and clothing, and through the placement of volunteers.
- Introduce international volunteers to the richness of Nepali culture and ensure a safe and memorable stay in a supportive environment.
- To provide safe affordable and structured volunteer work support for gap year fresh and professionals.
VIN offers extremely competitive and affordable fees for volunteer work in Nepal
and has been mobilizing international and local volunteers in its various programs, helping make a sustainable difference and improve the lives of Nepali people in the most disadvantaged communities.
Community Based Volunteer Placements
Volunteers participating in community based projects
will be placed with a host family within the community in which they are working. In addition to receiving food and accommodation, this is also an excellent opportunity for volunteers to immerse themselves in the Nepali community, within a supportive environment, learning about Nepali lifestyle, culture and language and sharing their culture in return.
- Women's Empowerment Projects such as women's education; income generation; savings and credits; and health, sanitation and the environment.
- Child Care Initiatives such as children's clubs; early childhood development; schooling for conflict victims and orphanage support.
- Youth Development Schemes such as a community youth club to develop life skills and English language classes.
- Teacher Training and Education, including workshops, seminars and exchange visits.
- The Health Program, which mobilises volunteer healthcare professionals to see and treat patients and raise awareness on sanitation issues.
- Additional volunteer projects in the community include the establishment of a community learning center; construction and manual work, and environment and agroforestry.
Monastery and Nunnery Placements
Although VIN's main focus is on development projects within the rural community, VIN also provides volunteer placement opportunities in monasteries and nunneries. This program helps educate young monks and nuns in conversational English, as well as developing their life skills and providing an opportunity to participate in creative activities.
VIN a meaningful local volunteer organization offering affordable volunteering programs abroad, meaningful vacations and gap year travel in Nepal, Asia. Whether you are planning to volunteer abroad, take a gap year or go on a meaningful vacation, we offer you very affordable travel programs in Asia!
If you are planning to take a gap year, career breaks, short travel holiday, VIN volunteer Nepal programs can be your right fit. We have wonderful Nepal volunteer and travel opportunities. Our well structured grass-root level rural community programs targeting to women, children youth and teachers at the most disadvantaged communities can accommodate any age groups - young, adults and senior people from local to overseas volunteer.
We also organize affordable adventure programs, e.g. trekking, hiking, sight seeing, Bunge Jump, White water rafting, jungle safari, mountain flights through our partner institutes. The cost will be a way cheaper and it also gives a little money for the organization's projects in the community. So you can make many things in one with VIN. We ensure your memorable and life changing experience with us. Join Our Facebook Group